Georgia  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/09/12, 4:03 pm

I was recently arrested for having less than 1 ounce of marijuana. I went to jail, stayed 2 nights and 3 days. I am 19 years of age. My parents have been divorced since I was 3 years of age. I have lived with my mom all my life except for 1 and 1/2 years from the age of 17 until 18 and 1/2 years of age. My dad bailed me out of jail. He has hired an attorney who is also his friend. My dad is extremely upset, angry and hurt with me because I refuse to live with him, even though he bailed me out. He feels that I am indebted to him and should therefore live with him for the bail out. If people truly knew my dad, they would understand why I refuse to live with him. Since he knows the lawyer, is there any way he can have the lawyer stipulate that I must live with my father while on probation?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search