Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I'm an aunt that lives in Georgia, and my niece said she's being touched on. How do I get custody of her from Missouri from her mom?

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

If the child resides in Missouri, you need to speak with an attorney licensed in that state. You cannot file anything here in Georgia to obtain custody, nor can you file with Georgia DFACS. You may want to contact the Missouri equivalent of DFACS and start an investigation. I suggest you immediately contact a family law attorney in the State of Missouri to see the best way to proceed.

Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

I agree with the previous answer. Georgia would have no jurisdiction over the child, either for purposes of custody or to pursue a criminal investigation. In addition to contacting an attorney or a government agency in Missouri, re-post your question under the State of Missouri on this site for information particular to that State.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia