Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Background check for ex-wife's new boyfriend

My ex-wife has custody of our 6 yr old daughter, and I have visitation. She is divorced from her second husband, a police officer, and she now has a new boyfriend. I am concerned that she and my daughter will move in with this new guy too soon. (My ex-wife and my daughter moved in with the police officer after she had dated him for 2 to 3 months. I wasn't overly concerned then, because he was a cop and already had a background check done previous to his employment.) Is it possible for me to have a background check run on the new boyfriend? Also, there is a clause in our divorce agreement prohibiting guests, of the opposite sex, to stay overnight if our daugther is in the residence ''unless in a serious relationship.'' However, our divorce papers did not clarify the length of time necessary to establish a ''serious relationship.'' Do I have any options concerning my daughter's safety and well being?

Asked on 1/27/06, 11:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Background check for ex-wife's new boyfriend

As for a background check, take a look at You should consult with a local attorney about how your judges would look at the live-in lover situation.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/06, 11:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now