Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Can my child's mom make me sign for their passport. I have visitation and we have joint legal.

Asked on 8/12/13, 1:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If she has tiebreaker decisionmaking, yes she can.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 3:21 pm
Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unless you have valid concerns about your child leaving the country such as the mother is from another country, her country of origin is not part of the Hague Convention, mother has threatened to leave with the child and not return, mother wants to travel to country on the State Department's warning list, etc., the court could require you to sign. I would speak with a family law attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/13, 4:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now