Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/29/13, 5:08 am

I am an citizen and my husband is an Indian. We married in Atlanta, Georgia court and he was deported to India with life long ban from entering US. I am in India now but not with him. Can we file in India by mutual consent? Will that divorce be authenticated in US? I will be back to US soon and want to file from there. I don't know where he is living now. Can I do it alone from US, if I can not trace him? How long and how much does it cost to get the final decree?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search