Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I have had divorce papers drawn up and me and my wife is going to reluctantly sign them as she didn't really want a divorce. My question is, after we have agreed on all issues and have both signed the divorce papers, once they are submitted to the court, can my wife back out or halt the process in any way, or once they are filed, am I assured that the divorce will go through normally?

Thank you

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

If you are representing yourself, you can probably assume things will go badly. They usually do in pro se cases.

Agreements can be attacked until approved by the court, and in some cases, divorces are dismissed before they are final. The best way to avoid these problems is to have a lawyer.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia