Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/02/13, 1:07 pm

I was divorced in Fulton County, when my daughter was 10. I now live in Gwinnett County, Georgia, & my ex lives in Gwinnett also. I was awarded $2000 per month in child support in 2005, in which I have never seen a dime of. My ex fled the country & lived in Thailand (he's never been there before) to avoid child support. When he was forced to come back, he kidnapped my daughter, and then got his mother to sue me for custody .. all in an effort to not pay. He spent a year in jail for the kidnapping, & 1 year in jail for child abandonment. He currently lives with his mother, who supports him (he is 52 yrs old!). He does not work .. so he won't have to pay!

After he & his mother lost the court battles, my daughter has not heard one word from them. No birthday wishes .. not a phone call or text or email. Not even a Christmas card. It really shows where their interests lie.

My child is now 18, but the arrears are in excess of 100k. I have a case filed with the state, and they have done NOTHING except try to serve the ex papers. He won't answer the door. Duh. He & his mother have cost me thousands of dollars in legal fees. I would really like to try and collect at least some of this arrearage. You can't imagine all of the hardship this has caused my daughter and me. We are still trying to recover.

Can I put a lien on his mother's house or property? Is there ANY other course of action to take?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search