Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Can I serve my spouse, an eviction notice? We live in the state of GA. The home is solely in my name. He doesnt pay any bills pertaining to home and has stated he's working 2 jobs to stack his money to leave.

Asked on 8/30/13, 7:00 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Harold Holcombe Harold D. Holcombe, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Generally, no. This is the marital residence. You need to file for divorce or move yourself. You have a legal relationship. Consult an attorney to get detailed information pertaining to your case; each case is different.

Read more
8/30/13, 7:02 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


The way to settle who can live in the home is called "divorce." If you want the issue of who can live in the home decided, you will need to get a lawyer and file a divorce (or maintenance) proceeding.

Read more
8/30/13, 11:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now