Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I have retained a lawyer. The lawyer told me that if my child recieves social security disability and has to be listed on the child worksheet also whoever pays for the child's healthcare also has to be listed on the worksheet. This is all true correct? Cause three years ago on the previous worksheet it wasn't.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You're signing under penalty of perjury (jail). Why would you think it was okay to lie or conceal information?

Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

Your lawyer is just being thorough, which they should be. It may be that whoever filled out the previous worksheet was not doing so correctly. Trust the lawyer you have hired and ask them questions. If they are not giving you answers to your questions, you may need another lawyer.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at hmgrmg@yahoo.com, or through our website: hicksmasseyandgardner.com.

Laurie Weiss Weiss Law, P.C.

Yes your attorney is correct. Why do you not trust your own attorney?

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia