Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I have been divorced for 2 months and my ex wont let me get my belongings out of marital home nor will he get my name off of it, what is the length of time to have it modified?

Asked on 5/13/13, 12:49 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your divorce agreement should have included a list of the items you were allowed to remove from the residence, as well as a time frame in which to remove them. The agreement should also have addressed the amount of time he had to remove your name from the residence, as well as the ramifications if he failed to do so. If your ex is not abiding by the terms of the agreement these are contempt issues and not modification issues. If you failed to address the issues in the divorce, you may not be able to now go back and modify. I suggest you take your divorce agreement into an attorney to review.

Read more
5/13/13, 1:52 pm
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Property settlements generally cannot be modified. However, violations can be enforced by contempt. Call the attorney who handled your case for you and discuss contempt.

Read more
5/13/13, 3:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88333 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now