Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

moving out at 17 in georgia

Im 20 and my girlfriend of 2 yrs is 17. We went through alot w her crazy family. Im n college and have a full time job and she is in school. How can she move out at 17 in georgia legally. Is it possible without her parents permission? Please help me find a good answer to my problem so i can continue my life and actually be happy, instead of stressed all the time.

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Re: moving out at 17 in georgia

Sorry for the non-legal answer, but ... The "good answer" is for both of you to realize that both of you are young, one of you is a minor, and that rarely will these same old family disputes lead to anything but trouble for years to come. That includes the likely resentment of each other for what happened. If you think starting off this way will make you "happy" and stress free, you will likely find out soon enough that it will have the opposite result. A man with any maturity will realize that the best think he can do in a relationship is to encourage a good relationship between family members - not selfishly seek to harm them. Sermon over.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Re: moving out at 17 in georgia

You could be risking serious legal consequences. When she is 18 she can move. See also Scott's answer to you. Your judgment is very poor based on the question you asked.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia