Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

The paper given to me by a lady at the child support office says, "Acknowledgment of Service Waiver of Jurisdiction and Notice Waiver of Right to file Answer/Pleadings"... she didn't tell me exactly what it's for... What is this appearance for?

Asked on 1/23/10, 5:21 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need a lawyer before you sign anything like that. Without knowing what goes with it there is no way to answer you.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/10, 5:45 am
Paula McGill Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Did you read the document. If you don't want to hire an attorney, you can waive service and answer the complaint within the time instructed in the complaint. If you want to move forward alone, you should do some research to learn how to answer the allegations in the complaint and assert any defenses so they aren't waived.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/10, 10:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now