Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I am paying alimony to my ex that is to end upon death, remarriage or cohabitation....she moved away and it just recently came to light, that she's living with her other ex husband and HAS been for 2 years in an affluent community, while sending threatening emails of needing more money while I was jobless. Can I have her arrested or something like that on fraud for intentionally hiding her living conditions and still demanding/taking alimony?

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

You can sue her for a refund of the money you paid her for the last two years. You will have the burden to prove she in fact lived with her ex husband for two years.

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

It appears you have a Maryland zip code. If your final decree is under the law of another State, you would have to ask an attorney in that State. If you are requiring about the law in Georgia, you may have the right to sue her for a refund. You may need to obtain the services of a private investigator, or have other documented verification of the time frame they have been residing together in order to prove your case.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia