Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I am a search angel. My client received message from an intermediary that she didn't want any contact from her birth child (my client) If the adult birth child (she is 42) contacts her anyway (we did alot of searching and found her) Can she sue my client for anything?

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

It's great you are a search angel for those who are trying to find their birth families. It's unfortunate and against natural law for the states to deny adults the right to learn about their blood relatives.

In any event, this is no different from any other situation when a person does not want another to contact him or her. Your client should forget about the mother and see if he or she may form a relationship with adult siblings or the other parent. The mother doesn't have control over other relatives who your client may want to contact.

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

Just to expand on my answer the mother can seek a restraining order against your client. If the attempted contact continues, the client can be arrested and jailed. In addition, continued contact may result in a civil suit. Again, at this point, it's not worth it for your client to continue contact with the mother. However, other relatives may be more receptive to establishing a relationship.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia