Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/18/10, 11:50 am

I need to know if Secondary Education is considered high school or college? My husband is required through his divorce decree, to pay child support to his ex-wife for his son "until said child attains the age of eighteen years, marries, dies, or otherwise becomes emancipated, excpet that if the child becomes eighteen years of age while enrolled in and attending a secondary school on a full-time basis, then such support shall continue until the child completes secondary school, provided that such support shall not be required after the child attains the age of twenty."

This is straight from the divorce decree. As soon as his son graduates from high school, (he will turn 18 the january before he graduates), the child support should cease? Is this correct?


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search