Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I am getting a divorce and my ex wife has an attorney . He is telling her the chils support is to be what the formula came up with, which is less than what we have agreed on. If the papers have more her lawyer said the judge will not sign them. Is this true?

Asked on 11/16/10, 7:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. Judges almost always sign amounts over guidelines in agreements.

Why would you taljk to her lawyer? That's a huge mistake. Talk only to your lawyer and you absolutely need one.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/10, 7:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now