Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/02/11, 8:35 pm

My son and I currentlly live in georgia. I have petition the GA courts to domesticate a foreign order granting my mother temporary custody in 2008. However the legal form that GA provides online refers to custody between divorced parents. These sectionyts do not apply to my situation since the temp custody was order to my mother not a spouse. My question is am I allowed to alter the motions deleting the parts that mention divorce and apply my specific requests. Will the court still accept my petition when Filed if the orginal legal forms are altered?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search