Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Split custody:Child support

i have custody of our 12 yr old son.Exwife has daughter age 16.exwife lives free with her parents and has no bills and refuses to look for a job cause foodstamps would stop.I work and pay all the bills for my son and me.Yet I am required to pay her $400 a month. Would it be possible to go back to court to have 1 child offset the support of the other?

Asked on 3/16/04, 11:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Harold Holcombe Harold D. Holcombe, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Split custody:Child support

If there has been a "material change of circumstances" since your support order you can change it. The Judge would have to decide, and there's a lot of factors involved, you might be able to get it reduced. Your income is a factor, as well as hers. If your support is based on the two children instead of the one, then that definitely is a big factor.

Read more
Answered on 3/16/04, 12:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now