Legal Question in Employment Law in Georgia

On February 28, 2010, my brother and I were arrested for disorderly conduct in Columbia County. We paid a fine, were put on probation, and did community service. Before this charge, we did not have any other charges on our records.

The question is, is there a certain amount of time that has to go by before we don't have to put this disorderly conduct charge on job applications?

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

Unless you were entered into a diversion program (probation before judgment, plead nolo contendre, etc.), the D.O. charge will remain on your criminal record forever. I would imagine it's a misdemeanor charge and so job applications only ask for felony charges. Sorry, that's just how it goes. Best of luck. ******The above is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.******

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

What job application? What does it ask? We don't know, and you don't know what all future applications will ask. When you see the question, you can either answer it honestly or not. If you choose to not answer it honestly, the penalty is often termination when/if the employer finds out.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Georgia

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms