Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Georgia

My landlord sent me a renewal form that stated our lease ends on the 28th. I filled out and turned in this renewal stating I did not want to renew. I later found out my lease states it ends on the 25th. The renewal states the 28th and the lease states the 25th. They claim the 28th is a typo.

I received this news last minute and I am not prepared to move out by the 25th. I am reviewing our lease and I see that the first time I renewed no one signed the document. I did not sign it and neither did my landlord. The address of the place I am renting is also incorrect on the lease.

Do they have the right to make me move out on the 25th?

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

I am not sure why you did not know what your lease states, and I doubt either of you are in doubt as to the proper address. If you are not out when the lease ends, the landlord can initiate the eviction process.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Georgia

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms