Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Georgia

I am in a lease purchase and one of the stipulation was that if I did not secure financing I would forfiet the deposit, but also there was an addedum that while I was paying the monthly rent of 1100.00 I paid 250.00 additional making the monthly payment 1350.00 which 250.00 was to come back to me as an additional down payment, nowbecause I could not secure the finance by the end of the lease the owner wants to keep all the monies which totals around 11000.00. I understand about the 5,000.00 not receiving that back but the additional 250.00 per month above the 1100.00 ,onthly payment I am supposed to get tha back, as I stated now the owner wants to keep all of the money, can they do that?

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

It really depends on the exact wording of the lease purchase agreement. Have a local attorney to review it and advise you.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Georgia

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms