Georgia  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

I have a lease that state that air conditioning is to be fixed within 48 hrs but is not considered an emergency unless the temperature outside is over 85 degrees...in GA the temp. fluctuates it can be 90 one day 82 the next and so forth...but when I went in to address them...at 10:30 am which its not going to be the hottest of the day anyway they want to dismiss the urgeny...what are my rights....can I pay to get this fix and the deduct it from my rent...I should not pay as much as I do and sweating like a pig. Please help

Answered on: 7/10/13, 12:13 pm by Glenn M. Lyon, Esq.

You cannot deduct the amount from your rent, but you would have a claim against the landlord for breach of contract if they failed to make the A/c repairs per the lease or at least within a reasonable time period.

MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys 1230 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3750 Atlanta, GA 30309