Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Georgia

I live in Ringgold GA. I have a month to month lease. And im planning on moving May 25th. I know of two families that have moved under our landlord and have not received their security deposits. So my intial thought was to not pay Mays rent since they will keep our deposit anyways.And will need the extra money to move. So on the 1st of may we told our landlord that we were unable to pay our rent at this time and that we where going to move. Today 5/10/13 we were served with dispensary warrent. Giving us 7 days to answer. We would like to allow our kids to finish school which would be on the 25th. We are moving ro Alabama. Which is why we need the money. Any advice?

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You made a huge mistake that may cost you much more in the future when this goes on your credit report. You might be able to contact the landlord offer immediate payment of all rent, and agree on a move out date. In turn, he might drop the eviction.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Georgia

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms