Georgia  |  Personal Injury

child-car pedestrian accident

I entered a 25 mph ''child at play'' area. I saw a child and a women walking on the same side of the road as I was traveling. I noticed they were horseplaying on the sidewalk. I was traveling at 15 mph. As I was coming toward them I was moving to to the left side of the road away from the pedestrians. Trying to stay as far away from them as I could. As my car moved left and forward I saw the woman reach out with her left hand to hit the child. The child ran out of the way of the womans hand. She leaned left toward the road and then took a big step and jumped into the street. She hit the side of my car. I was traveling about 10 mph. She right where my door meets the front fender.

The police did not find me at fault and I did not recieve a ticket. Do I still need to get a lawyer and what might happen from this point on?? The police asked me to take a breathalizer, two in fact, just so the parents could not come back later and say they smelled something. And the child told the police that the woman was trying to hit her and she ran into my car.