Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

I was recently hit by a druck driver. The driver continued and hit another car. The driver was arrested. A few days later I started to experience some back & shoulder pain. I went to the ER. I got a RX and I paid for the medication. I've missed work and was unable to attend Thanksgiving dinner at my parents. Its a 5 hour drive and the pain medication made me drowsy. The dui driver's insurance compay will contact me tomorrow. What should I expect?

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Do NOT and I stress do NOT make the worst mistake you can make. Do NOT talk to the driver's insurer. There is nothing you can do to more quickly screw up your case and diminish its value. Do not EVER talk to that insurer without a lawyer.

In almost every personal injury case, insurers will take advantage of those without lawyers and offer far less than they will if you have counsel. Get a lawyer today - not tommorow - today.

Additionally, make sure theer is no gap in treatment. If you are still in pain, REGULAR visits to the doctor are vital both medically and legally.

If you are anywhere near metro Atlanta, feel free to call me at 404.768.3509 to discuss your case.

And please, do not answer the phone when the insurer calls.

David Glass Law Offices of David H. Glass, LLC

I was an insurance defense attorney before I opened my own firm. Insurance companies are only concerned with paying the least amount as possible. Definitely consult an attorney. No case should be settled until you have completely recovered from your injuries. You can expect the insurance company to ask for a recorded statement...DO NOT GIVE A RECORDED STATEMENT.

Hire an attorney with experience in automobile cases. You should know, DUI cases are worth more than a typical auto accident because the jury is allowed to give punitive damages against the other driver to deter them from future drunk driving.

The bigger personal injury firms will have you to talk to a law clerk or secretary, so if you want more personal interaction with your attorney, go with a smaller firm. A second consideration is the fee agreement. Make sure the firm you hire does not raise their contingency fee just because they have to litigate your case.

I do not raise my contingency fee and I only charge 25% if you mention LawGuru on our initial consultation. Feel free to give me a call at 404-529-9081.

Mark Jones Law Offices of Gary Bruce

I agree with most everything said. If you are in Columbus, give me a call. Like the previous attorney mentioned, some firms give you more personal interaction with an actual attorney instead of a secretary. Mine is such a firm.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia