Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

Settlement

I have a settlement that is due to me from a auto accident. My attorney is to recieve 2 checks: One has already recieved but he stated that that specific check was used to pay for his fees (30%) and doctor's bills. The other check he ''claims'' is now in dispute between Geico and Progressive insurance and may not be disbursed AT ALL unless an agreement is made between these two corporations. I should've recieved the money 3 weeks ago, but it seems to me that this attorney is dragging his feet because he has already been paid. My questions is since the settlement has already been agreed upon, and one of the two checks has already arrived, what is preventing this attorney from disbursing the monies owed to me if a settlement is binding?

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Re: Settlement

Your question should be addressed to your lawyer, and not a message board like this. No one here knows the first thing about your case, but your lawyer does.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia