Georgia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/23/07, 5:44 pm

Seeking to sue home inspector

Before the purchase we had an inspection done by a very reputable inspection company. After we moved in we discovered the following problems:

1. The floors in the kitchen and dining room are sloping towards the center wall that separates them. After closer look we saw several indicators that the inspector should have picked up: diagonal crack at top corner of door; doors not closing properly, kitchen island cracked because of the floor sloping issue.

2. The living room floor has a considerable dip in the middle. Visible indicators that should have been picked up by inspectors: door not closing, tiles falling off the fireplace, crooked door frame.

3. Two basement rooms had water damage on the inside of the door. The inspectors just mentioned water damage not specifying whether it was inside or outside. The first time it rained, water came into the house and now we have a mold on the wall.

4. The inspection mentioned that small area (one brick width) had foam filler instead of bricks and needs to be fixed. The area with a lot of foam in it actually spans 10 brick width.

Can I sue the inspector? We signed a paper saying that they are only responsible for the amount equivalent of the price paid for the inspection.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search