Legal Question in Veterans Law in Georgia

The VA requires a certified copy of a veteran's service separation document to apply for burial benefits. I have the only original copy of this document as the copy kept on file in the national registry was destroyed in a fire. How can I get a 'certified' copy of this document?

Asked on 9/21/12, 7:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Swain Swain Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There are two ways: (1) your county court clerks should be willing to certify a copy of the orginal and (2) order your discharge from the national archive site.

Read more
Answered on 1/24/13, 8:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now