Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

I just learned that my biological father died in 2008, I carry his last name and he his is listed as my father on my birthd certificate. I was born out of wedlock an he an my mother never married. My question regarding whether or not I might have a legitimate inheritence claim on his estate as his illegitimite son? I live in Minnesota and my father was an atty who resided in Georgia,

Asked on 5/14/10, 2:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You might depending on details not in your post.

Read more
Answered on 5/19/10, 3:03 pm
Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You might have a claim. Since that would have to pursued in the county of his residence at the time of his death, you should consult with an attorney in that county.

Read more
Answered on 5/19/10, 3:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now