Georgia  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/25/10, 3:01 pm

My mother died recently in a house fire. She had a retirement plan from a company she worked with several years ago. They are refusing to pay out, advising that we must wait until she would have turned 65 years old (which is 11 yrs. from now). The company is also refusing to provide a copy of the plan, or provide any details about it. As all documentation was destroyed in the fire, we are having a difficult time obtaining any further details. They are also stating that they will not pay the full amount. Are there any legal grounds for their statement, and what are our possible recourses?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search