Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Illinois

Is there a State where one who is not a lawyer can represent one's corp. pro se in Federal Court?

If the owner of a corporation is injured as a result of an erroneous ruling by a federal judge on a Motion for Summary Judgment, can the owner file Pro Se for Relief from Judgment under Rule 60 and if so how?

Asked on 8/09/10, 1:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The owner can represent himself, but not the corporation. To represent the corporation would be practicing law, which only lawyers are allowed to do.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/10, 5:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now