Illinois  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/18/13, 11:04 pm

i have a neighbor that calls the town cop on my son every time he is out in my yard doing anything. town cop repeatedly giving my son problems when he knows he is not at fault on every incident. and then town cop and town cops wife are going to our local ballgames and places of business and slandering my 13 yr old sons name in front of everyone. is this a form of harassment from town cop or neighbor?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/19/13, 6:31 pm by Chen Kasher

"Harassment" is not necessarily illegal. People cannot sue other people for "harassment", except in situations like the workplace.

But it sounds like these people are giving your son grief for no good reason, and "intentional infliction of emotional distress" and "defamation" can be tort counts in a civil case. Without knowing more about the facts of your case, I cannot help you or represent you at this time.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Chen Kasher 1642 E. 56th Street Chicago, IL 60637

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search