Illinois  |  Civil Rights Law

i have a neighbor that calls the town cop on my son every time he is out in my yard doing anything. town cop repeatedly giving my son problems when he knows he is not at fault on every incident. and then town cop and town cops wife are going to our local ballgames and places of business and slandering my 13 yr old sons name in front of everyone. is this a form of harassment from town cop or neighbor?

Answered on: 5/19/13, 6:31 pm by Chen Kasher

"Harassment" is not necessarily illegal. People cannot sue other people for "harassment", except in situations like the workplace.

But it sounds like these people are giving your son grief for no good reason, and "intentional infliction of emotional distress" and "defamation" can be tort counts in a civil case. Without knowing more about the facts of your case, I cannot help you or represent you at this time.

Chen Kasher 1642 E. 56th Street Chicago, IL 60637