Legal Question in Consumer Law in Illinois

I bought a car in February of 2012. I recently discovered that the engine in the car is not the original engine which I was not told when I bought the car. I want to know if this is legal and can I do anything about it.

Alex Arezina Alexander I. Arezina, Attorney at Law

The answer is that it really depends on the facts. It would be helpful to know whether you purchased the car from a dealership or private citizen; what was year, make, model and price of car; was it new or used; how many miles on car vs. enginge; what were you told about the car; if from a dealer, was there a buyer's guide and other required disclosures; is there a warranty; is the car experiencing engine trouble; have you confronted seller and what explanation was given; etc. Feel free to provide responses to the above, so that a better response can be provided. Feel free to email me at alex@arezinalaw.com. Alex

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Illinois

Consumer Law Legal Forms