Legal Question in Consumer Law in Illinois

My partner passed away in 2007. I bought his shares over the next three years. My question is he signed a contract in 2006 for our shop clothing it was for 5 years. I did not know it had a auto renewal. Am I still bound by this contract? I never signed it and they never contacted me about renewing it.

You were partners. He signed a contract with a third party with a 5-year term. Assuming you were both general partners you are stuck with what he did. If it is a significant cost you should still consider having an attorney review the partnership agreement (sounds like there was one if there was a buyout provision) as you MAY be entitled to some reimbursement from his estate, although my suspicion is that would be relatively speaking unlikely.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Illinois

Consumer Law Legal Forms