Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

My friend has been sent to Cook Co. prison twice in one week for the same charge, is this legal? He was late turning in his community service, and was arrested. He posted bail and came back four days later. He went before a different judge that threw out his community service and was sent back to County. He posted bail a second time and has to go before his original judge.

George Zuganelis Zuganelis & Zuganelis, Attorneys at Law, P.C.

Did he foolishly go before the judge without an attorney? I don't know how a second judge could modify the original judge's order, but I wasn't there to know why. Do you know why he has to go back before the original judge? Was he sentenced to supervision or conditional discharge, with community service? Please have your friend call me to arrange representation to avoid this happening again. (708) 263-8212

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois