Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Illinois

I am a condo owner and am being forced to get rid of my 50 pound dog. They state there is a 30 pound limit but the bi-laws I signed and was given do not have a weight limit. There are also 3 other dogs much larger than my dog in the association. I also had all the owners in my building sign a petition stating the dog is obedient, quiet and always picked up after.

Betty Tsamis Tsamis Law Firm PC

It seems like you have omitted a key piece of information because this does not make sense. If the bylaws you reveived do not reflect such a weight limit they could be referring to the limit being found in their rules. Or the bylaws have been amended since you purchased ypur unit. Bylaw changes are presumed reasonable and valid whereas rule changes do not get this presumption. This is because a majority of unit owners must vote in favor of a bylaw change. Unless you really want to rehe your dog you should engage counsel right away.

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Illinois