Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/08/13, 9:10 am

I have filed for divorce in Illinois but the spouse will not show up. I have already had him served and he did not respond. When I went to court to do my prove up the judge said I must change my grounds for divorce from irreconcilable differences to something else because the other party is not there to waive the 2 year separation right. What is a ground that will allow me to complete the process on my own?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search