Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

If my friend lets me live w/him rent free with my child and public aid gives us food stamps and medical card knowing my friend lets us live w/him rent free til I get back on my feet can he claim us as dependents?

Asked on 6/28/13, 3:01 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sue Roberts-Kurpis, Esq. Law Office of Sue Roberts-Kurpis
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I believe that he can provided he is supplying more than 50% of your support. However, this is a tax question and you should consult a tax professional or your friend should.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 3:19 pm
Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

if ypu are not related, no.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/13, 5:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now