Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/03/13, 7:36 am

I have joint custody with my ex husband. My 16 yo daughter has gotten high with him when she was living there and I have written proof on facebook. I am considering fighting for full custody. Recenty he has been allowing her to talk to a 22 yo male and they had been discussing having sex and put it out on facebook which I also have copies of. DCFS told me that he can be charged for allowing solicitation of sex to a minor for letting it happen just like the 22 yo.

I just dont want this to blow up in my face. My husband is on the registry from something that happened back in the 90's and I know they will try to use that against me. she has lived with me a mojority of the time since my new husband and I got married. She told me that she feels safe around him and does not worry about him.

I have been trying to get her off the attitude that a 22 yo is ok to talk to and that the drugs and alcohol are ok. Her father and everyone at his house say that talking about sex is one thing between them but doing is another.

They also say that I am wrong for grounding her when she got caught at a party drunk and stoned.

I am just totally lost and afraid to loose my daughter to these types of attitudes. I know she would be better if he did not have such an influence on her.

Please help.

I live in the Peoria IL area

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search