Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/31/13, 1:26 pm

I live in and got divorced in Illinois. Our house was ordered to be sold in the divorce decree. I was to assume all losses on the house sale, which were going to total about $25K if I couldn't get a FSBO and needed a realtor. My ex wants now to refinance the first mortgage and is willing to pay off half of the second to do that (we each pay $14K to pay that off). Do I need to file a change to the order in court reflecting what it is he wants to do?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search