Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I am a mother if 2. The father and I were never married. During the years if our relationship, he was an extreme heroin addict. I don't trust that he is going to change as I have heard it all before. Therefore, I am allowing him supervised visits with te kids and myself once a week. I am finally receiving chid support, but no custody or visitation order is present within the courts. Being that I live in illinois, am I allowed to move out of state with my kids or do I need permission?

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.

If there is a court order for support there is a presumptive order of custody to you. It would be best to seek court approval for your move as a result of that order. If it is an administrative order, it is not necessary to seek court approval.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois