Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/31/13, 12:03 pm

In a post divorce, does the order if support superceed in a divorce? My exhusband has stopped paying me my lifetime maintance. I live in illinois. Court in mchenry illinois

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/31/13, 12:33 pm by Jonathan Shimberg

It depends on what the post-judgment order says. It may modify your maintenance. You should have received notice of a motion he may have presented and you should have gone to court. The judgment may also contain provisions which modify the amount. Read everything carefully and if the order modifying the amount was just entered you have 30 days to seek to vacate the order, even in McHenry County.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C. 9003 Lincolnwood Drive Evanston, IL 60203

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search