Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

stop the delay of the divorce

My wife lives in the marital home with no mortgage. Her lawyer keeps stalling the divorce. We have been separated for 1 1/2 years. How can I speed up the divorce process and get my share of the house equity

Asked on 3/19/09, 11:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Steele Steele Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: stop the delay of the divorce

Do you have a lawyer? If the answer is no, and if your wife has an attorney, what do you think you should do if you want to speed up the case. (hint: your wife is controlling the case because she hired an attorney)

Read more
Answered on 3/19/09, 3:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now