Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/14/13, 12:55 pm

Two years ago my son got a divorce and moved back into my house. He quickly found a new girlfriend and moved in with her within a few months. I kept asking him if he wanted his furniture that he brought here, which included a bedroom set, half of a sectional, a recliner, baby bed, and a few boxes. He continued to say no he didn't need any of the furniture because his new girlfriend (now new wife) already had all the furniture they needed so he didn't want it. He then one day came to my house while I was gone and took his recliner and a few boxes. Being a mom I was a little upset that he came in while I was gone, but not a big deal since he was still my son. I then again asked him if he wanted the rest of the furniture again and he repeated no we are good we don't need it. I have since then given the baby bed to someone in desperate need of one and sold the rest of the furniture. He is now demanding that he wants his furniture or he will take me to court. Is there anything that he can truly do or get out of me since it has been almost two years and he continually said no he didn't want it. We live in Illinois and I don't know the laws here, but I figured that since it has been at my house so long and he continued to say no I had all rights to get rid of the furniture and sell the rest of it. If anyone could respond and let me know if he has any rights to this please let me know or what I should do. Thank you very much!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search