Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Illinois

My brother and I were made executors of my father's estate. We have been resolving (attempting too) matters over the last 14 months.

My brother wishes to distribute correspondence relating to the events that happened along the way in a public matter. This is to include correspondence between our attorney's and myself. He claims he can do this by changing the names shown on the communications, whereby concealing everyone's identify (making up fictitious names).

Can this been done with impunity?

What do you mean by "in a public manner" -- publishing it in a local newspaper? Dirty laundry in open court is a matter of public record. However if these are dirty family things you may convince a judge that there should be a "gag" order imposed and/or if the judge thinks this is an abuse of the executor's authority it could be grounds for removal. You should have an attorney review the situation.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Illinois

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms