Illinois  |  Legal Ethics

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/27/13, 7:30 am

My wifes mother is power of attorney to a member in the family and by the state she is declared as mentally ill. My wife is secondary power of attorney for this family member and does everything she can to make sure he is taken care of. The primary power of attorney does nothing and when we try to get information for legal for nursing home abuse, trying to put a savings account together for him, trying to get him to a different nursing home that is better for him, the main power of attorney just ignores and does absolutely nothing about it. Since she is mentally ill and declared by state and receiving disability for it, is there some way we can make my wife primary power of attorney because of this so we can actually take care of this family member?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search