Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

Letters of Assignment

We recently sold our house. The disclosure indicated that we are on a mine. Recently we closed a claim for mine subsidence. My questions are: 1. How do I write a letter of assignment to the new owners so that they may receive any money due them for a future mine claim? 2. The insurance company will be sending a check to us for the current damage. Our closing date isn't until 3 weeks away. Does this money belong to us, or must we give it to the new owners?

Asked on 10/11/00, 11:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Letters of Assignment

Hello. The question here is

what are the new owners

entitled to in terms of

percentage. You should talk

this over with your buyers so

that you do not cheat yourself

out of what you are entitled

to. There are a number of

office supply outlets that

sell assignment forms, but I

do not suggests that you do

this on your own. In this

real estate matter you should

be represented by an attorney;

have them do this for you

Read more
Answered on 11/08/00, 11:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now