Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Illinois

I used to have a restraining order against my ex-husband, before that was expired, he emailed me and in those few emails tells me he secretly taped me and him having sex and showed this tape to several people. Is there anything that I can do legally? I do not have any restraining order that is active anymore. I moved to another state and he moved to another state, from where we used to live. And I do not want him to know where I live. However, he has tried to contact me through linked.com. He emailed me to be linked to me in that website and wanted to communicate with me again. I didn't respond to this and just ignored his request. I feel that the system has continuously failed me, as when he broke the restraining order when we were still in the same state, he was released. If it's possible to actually know my rights on this, it would be most helpful.

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC

Hello. You can take legal action against your husband in the state where you presently reside. Where the offensive language and/or communication is received is considered the location of the offense. I suggests that you make a police report and then take the report to the Office of the prosecutor in the county where you live. Let that office know that you want them to prosecute your ex for the offense. Your ex may have even violated federal law as well. As to his claim of the secret recording, it will be necessary to prove that this recording actually exists and that he has distributed it. You certainly should have legal representation in this regard as well. You should take immediate action. Will be happy to discuss this further and in more detail. I hope my comments have been helpful.

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Illinois

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms