Legal Question in Traffic Law in Illinois

I just got a speeding ticket from a Woodridge police officer for speeding in a school zone. It states that court appearance in required. He did not take my license, he gave me a citation and complaint. He told me when I go to court I should plead "not guilty". I was going 41 (the speed before the school zone is 45) and unforunately I did not see the reduced speed of 20 mph. The time I was passing the school the kids were still in session. What are my options? I have a clean record and I would like to keep it that way. I am very upset about the ticket and want to know if I have options.

Asked on 11/07/13, 5:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sal Sheikh
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Are you supposed to appear at 421 N. County Farm rd.?

If so, I would recommend hiring an attorney. An attorney may be able to keep your record clean.

Feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/13, 11:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now