Legal Question in Aviation Law in India

I got married 1 month after i had applied for passport. My husband is an Australian permanent resident. Currently i am staying with my parents in India. Is it cumpolsory to change my name after i get my passport to apply for Spouse Visa for Australia? What are all the formalities needed to be carried out after i get my passport? i,e should i change my name, marital status etc? Please suggest a website where i can get answers for all my questions

Asked on 1/08/11, 2:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

RAJIV GUPTA (Cell: +91 9811284735) [email protected]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

it is not necessary to change the surname. only marital status needs tobe changed.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/11, 12:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Aviation Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now